To Promote and Serve Georgia’s Coin Operated Amusement and Music Industry.
The Georgia Amusement & Music Operators Association (GAMOA) is a dynamic organization that has worked diligently since 1982 to improve the business atmosphere for the coin-operated amusement industry in Georgia. GAMOA works with local and state government officials for the purpose of educating them on the benefits of the coin-operated amusement industry in Georgia, and has found it necessary to educate officials in many of the municipal and county ordinances which either outright prohibited or severely restricted the operation of coin-operated amusement games. Overall, persistence and determination have opened the state to our industry with only minor opposition remaining on the local level. GAMOA is also very active in the state legislature educating legislators to allow non-cash redemption in Georgia and other progressive policies for the coin-operated industry.
In addition to legislative representation, GAMOA membership provides business contacts, networking opportunities, educational offerings, tradeshow access and other services. Membership proceeds are used to develop educational and organizational programs as well as legal and legislative services to strengthen the coin-operated amusement industry as a viable economic force in the state of Georgia.
In 2013, HB 487 passed by the Georgia General Assembly, regulated the coin-operated industry under the Georgia Lottery Corporation. GAMOA has embraced this regulation and works closely with the Georgia Lottery to improve the coin-operated industry.
GAMOA is the largest Amusement & Music Operators Association in the US and growing because we believe a successful association is the one that provides a fair business atmosphere for all businesses who have machines as a whole or part of their business. If you give membership a chance, we firmly believe you will be happy with the group’s representation.
Georgia Amusement and Music Operators Association
Code of Ethics
Recognizing the fact that in the conduct of our business, no individual of concern in any community can act regardless of his neighbors and competitors, and that while the spirit of competition has been so deeply imbedded within each human being as to cause it to enter into, and influence, every transaction, but at the same time believing there are methods of competition which are clean, honorable and legitimate, whereby we can compete without wronging others and without demoralizing the business in which we are engaged, we do pledge our full support to the following Code of Ethics:
- We believe that our industry is honorable and that we do provide a valuable and necessary service to the public. We are ever mindful of the part that our industry plays in the life of our community.
- We recognize that our industry has a responsibility to maintain the highest possible standards in order to serve the public with the best of our ability.
- We shall always deal fairly with our customers. We shall handle all complaints courteously, admitting errors or mistakes and shall make adjustments cheerfully and promptly.
- We shall cooperate with all public officials and government agencies in every proper way and shall comply with all laws and regulations pertaining to our business. We shall maintain an active interest in civic affairs and in matters pertaining to the public welfare.
- We recognize fair and ethical competition as a means of making our industry more efficient and to stimulate the greatest possible service to the public. We shall constantly recognize and respect the rights of competition and shall use fair methods and practices in our efforts to promote business.
- We shall always be mindful of the services that the suppliers of our industry provide and shall treat them and their employees with respect, dignity and courtesy. We shall meet all obligations promptly and in accordance with recognized and established credit practices.
- We shall employ people of good reputation and skill and shall compensate them fairly and adequately according to their individual abilities and skills. And shall, furthermore provide time for training programs, opportunities for advancement, where possible, and safeguard for the prevention of injuries and accidents. We shall provide healthful and pleasant physical and moral surroundings and shall be constantly alert to the needs, welfare and happiness of each employee.
- We shall faithfully execute all contracts, to conduct our business and affairs in such a manner to gain the confidence and respect of fellow operators, customers, manufacturers, suppliers and the general public.
- We shall faithfully analyze the needs and requirements of locations, and recommend the equipment best suited to these needs. We shall at all times deal fairly and justly with the locations and to condemn all forms of practices which tend to discredit the industry or injure its public relations.
- We shall always conduct our business in a manner that will reflect the very highest citizenship and in accordance with the By-Laws of the Amusement and Music Operators Association, and to actively support a program of public relations for the industry.